Daily Informative Updates on
New Residential Real Estate & Construction News
for Vancouver Island Communities
Sep 28, 2022
Cooler weather will be here before we know it. Now is the time to prep your home to avoid sky-high heating bills this winter.
As much as 50% of a home's heating (and cooling) energy can be lost through windows. Energy efficient window treatments can make a signifant difference to help conserve energy.
Look to Budget Blinds for a number of great solutions that will look great, and save you money year-round.
Modern options include:
- Cellular shades, also known as honeycomb shades, combine the soft look and energy efficiency of window shades with the functionality of horizontal blinds.
- Layering your curtains or drapery with light filtering or room darkening liners to control light gaps and improve insulation retention.
- Traditional wood shutters use an insulating design that helps make indoor spaces cooler in summer and warmer in winter, keeping your room at an ideal temperature.
- Window film deflects up to 99% of damaging UV rays, reducing heat gain and protecting your furniture against harmful UV damage.
- Floor-to-ceiling drapes that fold back against the wall. This allows the drapes to seal off the window, preventing drafts and loss of heat through convection.
Learn more about all of the options at your local Budget Blinds on Vancouver Island:
North Island - Courtenay
Sep 25, 2022
One of the preferred builders at The Ridge in Courtenay - Smits Construction - is building a new home with a separate carriage house. Two separate homes on one residential lot provides a lot of unique options for the new owners. The suite above the garage may be used by independent family members or it can be rented out to generate additional income.
The Carriage House
The carriage house is located at the rear of the main home, accessible by a paved laneway. Featuring a modern, large one-bedroom suite (871 sq. ft.) it includes a 16’ by 13’ foot great room, a spacious kitchen, a bedroom with a walk-in closet and a bathroom with a shower and tub.
The Main Home
This spacious family home offers 2,363 sq. ft. on two levels., with four bedrooms and three bathrooms. One of the bedrooms could easily be used as a home office or private den. The main floor offers a modern layout with 10-foot ceilings in the great room, which opens up to the dining room and kitchen. A covered patio just off the kitchen can be used as a casual family entry to the home and is easily accessible for year-round outdoor entertaining.
The primary bedroom is also on this level, and features a spacious walk-in closet and private ensuite.
The front of the home welcomes visitors through a covered entry and the spacious inside foyer opens up to the great room. From here, a beautiful staircase leads up to the upper floor. Two additional bedrooms, a third bathroom and a large loft are located on the upper level, giving you many options for family and guests.
Residents love living at The Ridge in south Courtenay. Single-family homes in this community have been built in a variety of styles including two-storey homes, ranchers, and some include a secondary suite within the home.
This Smits Constrcution home will be completed and ready for occupancy in early October.
Contact the builder for more information:
Nathan Smits Cell: 250-792-1560
Location: 4021 Buckstone Road, Courtenay, BC V9N 0B4
Price: $1,399,000 + GST
Price and availability subject to change without notice.