Daily Informative Updates on
New Residential Real Estate & Construction News
for Vancouver Island Communities
Apr 29, 2016
From Major Commercial Projects to Renovations and Additions, Thomas Dishlevoy Architecture Does it All on Vancouver Island
Thomas Dishlevoy Architecture Ltd (TDA), located in Comox on Vancouver Island, offers architecture services for commercial, municipal, residential and other types of construction projects. Established in 1995, and Vancouver Island since 1998, Thomas Dishlevoy Architecture Ltd has proven experience in:
- Residential, commercial and institutional
- Renovations, additions and new projects
- Heritage restoration
- Building envelope repairs and upgrades
- Green Buildings, LEED and Living Buildings
- Development Master Planning
- Feasibility Studies
- Programming and Cost Estimating
Apr 27, 2016
For Sound Security in your home or business, call the experts. Sound Security in the Comox Valley offers security systems and much more for homes and businesses on Vancouver Island and the Sunshine Coast.
Sound Security’s expert installation team provide surveillance cameras, sound system equipment and wiring, home theatre installations, and multi-room music systems. They can install media panels and offer new home installation packages.
As the only provider of screen alarms on Vancouver Island, Sound Security can offer a security alarm option to keep intruders out but let fresh air in. They will install, service and monitor security systems to protect your home, family or business.
Contact Sound Security in the Comox Valley today to see what they can offer your home or business:
- Comox Valley: 250.339.7200
- Campbell River: 250.923.0705
- Cell Phone: 250.702.6106
- Website: www.soundsecurity.ca
Apr 25, 2016
Colonial Countertops in Courtenay specializes in the manufacturing and installation of decorative surfaces and countertops. Kitchen and bath countertops, tub surrounds, shower walls, desktops, reception areas, window sills and much more. Colonial Countertops is able to provide homeowners and builders with the latest styles, trends, and colours.
The company's mission is "to continue to provide exceptional service and superior products to our customers. We pride ourselves on setting the industry standard in quality and strive to achieve complete customer satisfaction in all of our projects. We are proud to be a family owned and locally operated business and look forward to fulfilling your residential and commercial surfacing needs for many more years to come."
In their Comox Valley showroom, clients browse hundreds of different styles of laminates, natural quartz, and solid surfaces. They are proud to offer: top-quality, unsurpassed service; on time delivery; and professional installation.
Apr 16, 2016
Tour the newest show home at The Gales luxury villa townhome development in Ladysmith on Vancouver Island today. Contact Realtor Keith Mazurenko to schedule a private viewing or to learn more about The Gales.
This 3,000 sq. ft. Built Green® custom patio home showcases the best in modern environmentally-friendly materials and construction techniques, offering a stunning home in a spectacular location. This new home at The Gales offers you ocean and mountain views from all of the main living areas. This new villa-style home takes full advantage of these views with an open floor plan and extensive wrap-around decks. The decks also provide plenty of room for outdoor entertaining in the summer months.
Situated overlooking the Georgia Strait on the east coast of Vancouver Island, The Gales offers residents sweeping ocean and mountain views. Living at The Gales, you can enjoy many outdoor pursuits from a walk on one of the many local beaches to leisurely strolls through pristine forest right at your back door. The town of Ladysmith also offers more urban pursuits without the hustle and bustle of a large urban centre.
For more information on this luxury patio home for sale, contact:
Apr 13, 2016
This master-planned community located in the City of Courtenay offers custom detached homes, some with zoning for carriage homes and legal suites, and many offering ocean and mountain views. Community amenities include an extensive network of walking trails, parklands, open spaces, and a small lake. The community is directly connected and adjacent to Millard Creek Nature Park. With forest trails at your door, and city conveniences just minutes away, the Ridge truly offers the best of both worlds.
The Comox Valley offers North Island College, a strong public school system, the Comox Airport (YQQ) and a lively community for outdoor recreation, festivals, sports and arts endeavours. A new $300 million hospital is under construction and will be open in 2017. Business in Vancouver Magazine has also recently named the Comox Valley one of the top five retirement towns in BC.
Building lots for custom homes at The Ridge in Courtenay start at $169,900, with new homes starting at around $430,000. Several new homes are already complete, with more under construction.
Finding The Ridge is easy, just follow the link for directions. Come by and see the show homes by Brando Construction and Lawmar Contracting. Open House times are 12pm-2pm Saturdays and Sundays. Or contact the developer for a private tour.
Apr 09, 2016
These new homes consist of single-family homes in a rancher / bungalow style, and include a double garage, landscaping, underground sprinklers, fencing and hedging and more. These one-level new homes range in size from 1,560 to 1,745 square feet and are available starting at $359,900. This community is now well established, with construction nearing completion in Phases 1-3. Here, you can tour a complete neighbourhood, rather than a construction zone while selecting your new homes site and home plans.
To arrange a private viewing of these new homes at The Ridge at RiversEdge, please contact Art Meyers directly at 250.207.1879
Apr 08, 2016
Patio homes for sale at The Gales in Ladysmith are known for highlighting the best of the Vancouver Island living. The dramatic styling, luxury finishes and wide open spaces reflect the spectacular ocean and mountain views that surround this 68-home community, while the development's Built Green® platinum designation shows a commitment to environmentally sensitive construction techniques.
The latest showhome - a 3,000 sq ft, 3-bedroom, 3-bath luxury patio home - is now for sale at The Gales. Spacious rooms, impressive views, and top-quality finishes are just the beginning. This new villa-style showcases the many environmentally sensitive products and finishes that The Gales is known for, including a Carrier Infinity heat pump, HRV ventilation, and Rheem Marathon Limited Lifetime hot water tank.
For more information or to schedule a private viewing:
Apr 07, 2016
According to an article in the Globe and Mail, the Comox Valley is one of three top choices to retire to in British Columbia due to its temperate climate, affordability and the Comox airport (YQQ) which offers direct flights to Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton and other destinations.
Its economy is strong, and the Valley, which includes Courtenay, Comox and several small towns, is known for a number of festivals, water sports and skiing at Mount Washington. There’s a new $300 million hospital under construction, large retail shopping centres, North Island College and many other amenities.
The Ridge is a new master-planned residential community, offering lots for sale in Courtenay. Approximately 30 lots in Phase I have been sold and many new residents have already moved into their new homes. Lots at the Ridge start at $169,900 and new homes start from approximately $430,000. Many of the new custom built homes offer ocean and mountain views. These custom homes can be built in a variety of styles, including bungalow or two-storey designs. Also, legal secondary suites can be built into your new home and in addition, a separate residential building (carriage house) can be built on the same lot - perfect for family, guests, or as a mortgage helper.
The preferred builders at The Ridge - Brando Construction Ltd. and Lawmar Contracting - have already helped many happy homeowners build their dream homes here. Show homes are available and open house times are 12pm-2pm Saturdays and Sundays, or contact them for a private tour.
Since The Ridge isn’t on Google Maps yet, click on our map or follow these instructions to find them:
1. Take the Courtenay Exit from Highway 19, right turn on Comox Logging Road for 1.5km until you get to Buckstone Road and turn right and turn right again on either Stoneridge Avenue or on Harbourview Boulevard.
2. If you are heading South on the old Island Highway turn right at Fraser Road, and turn left on the Comox Logging Road, and then drive for 0.5 km and turn right on Buckstone Road and then turn right again on either Stoneridge Avenue or on Harbourview Boulevard.
3. If you are heading North on the old Island Highway turn left at Fraser Road, and turn left on the Comox Logging Road, and then drive for 0.5 km and turn right on Buckstone Road and then turn right again on either Stoneridge Avenue or on Harbourview Boulevard.
Find out more! Call the developer directly:
Bruce Clapham, Mobile: 250.650.8588
Apr 04, 2016
Not only can window coverings affect the amount of light and privacy in your business space, the right ones can help save on energy costs, improve employee productivity and create a better atmosphere for your customers.
A big part of comfort is temperature, and temperature can greatly impact how people respond:
- Are there restaurants you won’t patronize because they’re so cold it’s uncomfortable to eat there?
- Or stores that are so stuffy and hot that you just run in for a specific item and get out as quickly as possible?
- Do your employees nod off after lunch when the temperatures get too warm?
- Does your conference room become an extreme environment as the meeting progresses: sauna or sub-zero freezer?
- Is glare driving customers away or making your employees miserable?
Depending on the type of business, commercial buildings can be home to employees, or employees and the general public (your customers). If your business is serving the public, ensure that the space is comfortable, functional and safe, so people will stay longer. For employees, the environment must also be safe, functional and comfortable.
Natural light has powerful effects on health, impacting mood, alertness and sleep habits, so many modern buildings have walls of windows to let in beneficial natural light. But an expanse of windows can also generate excessive heat during summer and cold during the winter, driving up energy costs as you try to maintain a comfortable year-round temperature.
Window treatments that improve energy efficiency include:
- Solar Shades and Screens – block up to 99% of sun’s heat and glare
- Roller Shades – infinite choices of color, fabric and texture to match any décor, easy to use, room-darkening capabilities
- Cellular shades – light-filtering to blackout, provide privacy and reduce heat loss in the winter and heat gain in the summer
- Graphic Shades – energy-efficient messaging for brand enhancement
- Window film and tinting – UV protection, privacy options in decorative and security films
- Blinds – sun blocking when closed; all of Budget Blinds' commercial blinds offer flame retardant qualities and are certified green
- Shutters – real or faux wood in myriad colors, cordless operation beautifies your space
- Drapes – add style, privacy and sound control as well as insulation; can be light filtering or sun blocking
Used alone or paired together, each of these solutions can improve the energy efficiency of your business by giving you more control. Adding motorization to blinds, shades, shutters and drapes increases ease of control with wall-mounted or handheld remotes as well as timers and sensors that automatically respond to temperature and time settings.
Contact Budget Blinds on Vancouver Island to learn more about how their products can help to improve your commercial space.
- Comox Valley -250.287.8564
- Campbell River - 250.287.8564
- Nanaimo - 250.751.8564
- Parksville & Qualicum - 250.738.8564
- Website: www.budgetblinds.com