Daily Informative Updates on
New Residential Real Estate & Construction News
for Vancouver Island Communities
Jul 31, 2010
Course Side Living in the Comox Valley
Crown Isle located in the Comox Valley is offering a Vancouver Island real estate opportunity, “The Waldorf”. This Vancouver Island home is available on golf course lots #9 or #10 and overlooks the 15th fairway at Crown Isle Resort & Golf Community.
The Waldorf offers an open concept design and over-height walls. The gourmet kitchen is complete with granite counter tops, custom cabinets and stainless steel appliances.
This Vancouver Island home package is offered for sale at $789,000 plus HST.
Jul 30, 2010
Jul 30, 2010
Construction for the sixth building at Corinthia Estates in the Crown Isle Community is nearing completion. The suites vary in size from 1,300 to 1,850 sq. ft. and the prices start at $263,900. This project is located at the end of Royal Vista Way in Crown Isle and all of the buildings include underground parking. Most of the 24 units in the building will be ready for occupancy in August. This final phase of Vancouver Island condominiums features golf course and ocean and mountain views.
Read more about Corinthia Estates here.
Jul 19, 2010
Air Tight Construction Eliminates Condensation
Our climate on Vancouver Island is mild with high humidity and the comfort level of a humid residential home is difficult to deal with. Purchasing a Vancouver Island home that is not labeled or air leakage tested may develop condensation problems, due to the construction not being air tight one. Purchasing a well built Vancouver Island home with an EnerGuide label will give you peace of mind for the next 10 to 20 years.
Early summer mornings that are hot and humid as they are in the Comox Valley, are the classic times for condensation to develop on walls and floors in your basement or crawlspace that may result in mould. Many issues may be reduced or eliminated by purchasing a new Vancouver Island home from a builder that proves the quality of their residential homes through an EnerGuide Label.
If you are interested in purchasing Vancouver Island real estate, ask to see the EnerGuide label and know what you are buying. If you are unsure, contact Cristi who is located in the Comox Valley and have your home’s energy efficiency evaluated – it is just like taking a car to a mechanic to get check out before you buy - why not get a Certified Energy Advisor to check out the Vancouver Island home you are going to purchase. Elemental Energy Advisors analyze the elements, to save energy and money!
On Vancouver Island visit Elemental Energy Advisors or call Cristi (250) 830-8000.
Jul 16, 2010
Residential Lots in a Prestigious Neighbourhood of Campbell River
The Raven Group is an experienced and successful development company located in Campbell River on Vancouver Island. The development of Penfield West is located in a prestigious neighbourhood in Campbell River.There are six Vancouver Island residential building lots remaining for sale, starting at $89,800. Some of these Vancouver Island residential building lots have panoramic views of Campbell River and are conveniently located to all levels of schools, parks, the Sportsplex, the Campbell River Hospital, the marina and golfing.
For more information on this Campbell River development visit 1stView.ca.
Jul 16, 2010
Winners to be announced at Victoria CARE Awards Gala on September 24th, 2010
The Victoria Chapter of Canadian Home Builders’ Association CARE Awards has listed Parkside Victoria Resort & Spa, a Vancouver Island luxury second home resort, as a finalist in multiple categories.
The categories are:
- Best Commercial Project
- Best Interior – Commercial
- Best Condominium – Mixed-Use Development
- Best Project Wesbsite
- Award for Outdoor Environmental Achievement
- Award for Indoor Environmental Achievement and Energy Efficiency
- Care Awards Project of the Year – Development
The annual Construction Achievements and Renovations of Excellence (CARE) Awards recognize the West Coast’s creative craftsmanship and design and celebrate excellence in the industry.
A panel of industry professionals select finalists using criteria such as architectural design, quality workmanship, creative use of space and energy efficiency.
For more information on the Vancouver Island luxury vacation home visit Parkside Victoria Resort & Spa.
Jul 12, 2010
A Vancouver Island Community Focused on Lifestyle
Qualicum Landing is a Vancouver Island real estate waterfront development just north of Qualicum Beach on Vancouver Island. It is one of the most unique mixtures of location, quality and lifestyle to be found anywhere in British Columbia. This area known as “Oceanside” is becoming one of the most desirable places to live in Canada.
Qualicum Landing is holding a selection day for buyers on August 22nd. Selection Day is an effective way for people who are interested in purchasing Vancouver Island real estate to choose the home they desire in the location they prefer and secure their priority position. This allows them time to research the Vancouver Island oceanfront development, tour the community and make an informed decision at their leisure without losing their preferred residential lot choice. Selection day also offers special pricing on select Vancouver Island homes; but you must register to take advantage of these savings.
Qualicum Landing is a community focused on lifestyle. These Vancouver Island oceanfront homes are priced starting from $399,000.
For more information regarding registration for the selection day on August 22nd go to the Qualicum Landing website.
Jul 10, 2010
Implementation of Environmentally Conscious Initiatives & Features
The elegant residential resort of Parkside Victoria Resort & Spa on Vancouver Island has implemented many environmentally-conscious initiatives and features, and is on its way to becoming Canada’s first LEED® Platinum Certified resort hotel.
- During the construction of the Parkside Victoria residential resort, waste and materials were diverted from landfills at a rate of 92.3%.
- A 68,500-gallon storm water tank collection system for non-potable irrigation purposes throughout the Vancouver Island resort is used by Parkside Victoria.
- All common washrooms and change rooms, including waterless urinals, dual-flush toilets, low flow showers and aerated faucets with sensors are water-saving plumbing features which have been installed at this luxurious Vancouver Island vacation home resort.
- The need for water replenishment is eliminated by the ozonation of pools and hot tubs which in turn reduces waste water.
- In regards to landscaping measures, this Vancouver Island real estate development uses native drought-tolerant plants throughout the gardens; which in turn eliminates the requirement for potable water irrigation. In addition, the Victoria resort has taken water-efficient gardening and landscaping measures.
- In Parkside Victoria's efforts to reduce ozone depletion that contributes to global warming and climate changes, there was zero use of CFC’s and HCFC’s in HVAC systems.
- The luxury furnishings, fabric and decor in Parkside Victoria vacation home suites are made from low-emitting, non-toxic and recycled materials.
- The Vancouver Island real estate development of Parkside Victoria strives for environmental excellence in its operations and employs green housekeeping practices. Only EcoLogo®certified cleaning products and green cleaning methods are used in Parkside’s operations.
- Green power has been purchased from renewable sources for 50% of the Vancouver Island resort’s demand.
- More than 50% of Parkside Victoria’s total site area, including the rooftop gardens, has native or adaptive vegetation.
- This elegant Parkside resort located in Victoria used building and construction materials that contained recycled content and have been extracted and manufactured regionally.
To learn more about ParksideVictoria Resort & Spa visit 1stView.ca.
Jul 08, 2010
New Open House Hours to view Comox Valley Luxury Condominiums
These luxurious Crown Isle golf course homes located in the Comox Valley on Vancouver Island include an open concept living area and are exquisitely finished. Corinthia Estates is located between the 6th and 7th fairways with mountain views and glacier views. These Vancouver Island homes provide underground and above ground parking spaces, with optional golf cart parking and storage lockers.
To read more on Corinthia Estates, visit 1stView.ca.
Jul 07, 2010
EnerGuide Label for New Vancouver Island Homes
Vancouver Island home owners have an advantage they have never had before. When purchasing Vancouver Island real estate, a home owner may have access on how energy efficient their home is, or the new residential home they are about to purchase.
EnerGuide is an energy efficiency rating service offered by Certified Energy Advisors through Natural Resources Canada for new residential homes. Vancouver Island builders are able to have the construction of their new projects accessed by a Certified Energy Advisor and generate a label through Natural Resources Canada in order to prove the efficiency of the newly constructed home. The products used to build Vancouver Island homes, the craftsmanship and practices used during the construction, is all taken into account in the EnerGuide rating and confirmed once construction of the home is completed, by the Certified Energy Advisor.
For more information visit Elemental Energy Advisors or call Cristi Guttormson (250) 830-8000.
Jul 06, 2010
Port Alberni Housing Sales Price Increased by 27%
Vancouver Island Real Estate Board (VIREB) released the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) sales summary for June 2010. This summary indicates a decrease in Vancouver Island home sales on a year over year basis, while the average residential home sale price is beginning to level out.
In June of 200, the average sale price for a Vancouver Island home across the VIREB region was $345,118 being a 5% increase from the $329,638 which was posted at the end of June 2009.
It seems that the Vancouver Island real estate market is balancing out. It is reported that the inventory levels on Vancouver Island are still growing even though the sales volumes have somewhat dropped.
The following statistics are for the period from the end of June 2009 to June 2010 of the average sale prices for Vancouver Island homes across VIREB’s six zones:
- Campbell River saw an increase of 12% to $298,126;
- Comox Valley is up 7% to $362,222;
- Cowichan Valley slipped 5% to $350,024;
- Nanaimo is also up by 7% to $362,018;
- Parksville/Qualicum is up 1% to $396,488; and
- Port Alberni increased by 27% to $242,752.
At the start of 2010, the Vancouver Island real estate market began to recover from the recession and as we proceed into the second half of the year, the market has started to level out due to supply and demand. For sellers of Vancouver Island homes this means that proper pricing is required and buyers have more of an inventory of residential homes to choose from.
For more information visit VIREB.